1. Sakura was not as inexpensive as Watawa Sushi or Go Wasabi, both of which had supplied average sushi in the past. One vegetarian roll (in this case, asparagus with brown rice), five sashimi selections, and a clear soup came to $20, and it didn't come to what I would consider an abundance of food.
2. Sashimi was fresh. I was happy that they offered a different selection of fishes. I ordered red snapper, which I rarely see on sushi takeout menus. I also ordered yellowtail, which was simply average, sea scallops (came with the welcome addition of black caviar), small sweet shrimp, and large sweet shrimp. The real bonus here was that the large shrimp came with one deep-fried shrimp head, one of my favorite Japanese treats.
3. Delivery took just over 30 minutes, a totally reasonable wait considering the distance between Ditmars and here.
4. They sent me a complimentary Diet Coke. Diet! My favorite!
5. I leafed through the rest of the menu and found more variety than I usually find in my standard udon/sushi/tempura Japanese menus.
All in all, I'd be more likely to order from Sakura again than I would from Go Wasabi, where I'm convinced they keep their "fresh" fish for days at a time. Not a bad option for a neighborhood afflicted with a serious case of Bad Asian Foodism.
35-15 Ditmars Boulevard
Astoria, NY 11105