Friday, March 6, 2009

Late Night Menu

I waited too long to eat dinner, relegating me to selection's from the late-night menu.  

I shared bitter ballen and a burger with my co-worker, a feeble attempt to get something in my body without eating too much bad stuff.  Luckily, the hungry staff was quick to attack the French fries.  

Bitter ballen are small, breaded meatballs, pan-fried and served with the Belgian take on dijonaise (whole-grain mustard and mayonnaise).  The burger, supplemented with fatback, arrived on a plain McDonald's bun, adorned with gruyere cheese, pickles, onions, and a fried egg.  Ketchup on the side with steak fries.  You probably couldn't imagine a tastier burger.  

And nothing could be worse than having said burger at one's disposal on a nightly basis.  I feel like I should repent, but I'm Jewish. 


No comments: